“I came up with a ridiculous guarantee and it worked.” Carl Gould
About our Guest:
Carl Gould is a business growth expert, author and serial entrepreneur. His career started by accident when he broke his leg and dropped out of his undergraduate accounting and finance program. At eighteen, he turned to what he knew best – landscaping – and his business growth endeavors began as he doubled his business each year for the next five years until it sold. Since then, Carl has built three multi-million dollar businesses before the age of 40, mentored the launch of over 5,000 businesses and has trained and certified over 7,0000 business coaches in 35 countries.
Carl has written 3 best-selling books on business strategy and growth. His clients range from Fortune 500 Companies to small to mid-market businesses. Each week he co-hosts “Quit and Get Rich” on iHeart ® Radio. Carl is married with three children and lives in New Jersey.
Let’s face it, no matter what business you are in, there are hundreds of thousands of others in that business too. And while you may be jaded enough to believe that “you have no competition,” that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Every business has competition and with the help of Carl Gould, you’re going to learn how to eliminate yours. In this powerful interview Carl dropped so many juicy nuggets. So many in fact that not only do you need pen and paper but you are going to need to listen to this episode a minimum of 3 times to catch them all. If you’re ready to go from just like everyone else to the only and obvious choice, listen in to discover:
- Why charging more than your competitors is the first step to edging out the competition
- Three sure fire steps to charting your path to competition elimination
- How to develop your own obnoxious offer and get clients to happily invest to access it
- And so much more….
Powerful Carl Gould Quotes During the Episode:
- I had to pay my own way, the only way to do that was to start a business.
- My success was because I learned how to leverage the complaints instead of creating some canned USP.”
- Complaints + value added free services = higher ticket
- Expertise is expertise; time doesn’t matter
- I had to be available to the marketplace in a way I have never before
- You don’t discount your way to market share
- If you are among the highest or lowest priced, you are an expert
- Edify the competition
Carl’s Incredible Factor Wisdom Questions:
Last book Carl read: The Science of Getting Rich Wallace Wattles
Favorite Quote: “your playing small doesn’t serve the world.” Marianne Williamson
Tool Carl can’t live without to grow his business: recurring appointments on his calendar
How to Connect with Carl Gould:
Websites: www.carlgould.com | www.70secondCEO.com
Linked In: http://www.liunkedin.com/in/carlgould