Do you know what you SHOULD NOT repeat this year? Listen to your #70second CEO, Carl Gould and find out today!
Read full transcript:
Hi Everyone, Carl Gould here your #70secondCEO, just over a minute of investment per day for a lifetime of results.
I’ve always said that sequels are great in the movies. But they are TERRIBLE in business. We don’t like sequels unless it’s something really good. Ok, so we don’t want to repeat history here, so, we want to understand what did not meet our standard? What was not exactly the way we wanted? So, we can create a plan so that those things do not happen again. Alright, so you’ve looked back on the things that didn’t work so well. Now, you only build on the positive and you can only build a successful business, sales process, consistent and substantive victories on the positive.
- So, what actually did you do well this past year? Let’s take some inventory of that.
- What actually exceeded your standard?
- What was a new ritual or habit that you took on that really worked well?
- And what discipline did you employ that you now find is greater than the pain of regret? You know they say the pain of discipline is much more powerful than the pain of regret.
- So, what discipline did you take on this year that will make sure you don’t regret next year, during the year next year?
So, let’s build on the positive, we took the power of looking backward, we found out what we were tolerating. What do we not want to repeat? What was not great for last year? Now let’s flip the coin, what did work really well?
Like and follow this podcast so you can learn more. My name is Carl Gould and this has been your #70secondCEO.